Friday, August 21, 2009

Birdwatchers guide; Know your magpie

Tagging along on a scouting trip brings out my inner magpie.

If I'm not careful, I lapse into a trance where I feel myself drawn to anything shiny and glittery accompanied by a strong urge to possess it even if it lacks any purpose for my purposes. I am absolutely NOT ALLOWED near "high risk" zones such as trays of costume jewelry..... shelves with old typewriters..... any displays of lifesize fiberglass livestock.... (some of my ancestors were farmers, and from regions in Wisconsin where families still put little deer and ducks and gnomes in their gardens)

There are always more pretty things to see than we can ever bring home... so here are some pictures from our scouting trip of items we left behind..

from a flower stall at an indoor market in Philly..


more views of the outdoor antique vendors... Walking around there is like living the "horse fair" chapter in "Black Beauty"....


a table of duck decoys...


Everybody loves snowglobes.... a story behind each one from each place..




Musical instruments... if only they could talk as well as sing....



Another view of the indoor market...






And a train station... cute store space, if only we could transport it back to Torrance....




No comments: