Saturday, August 29, 2009

Get Inspired....Horse Show Sept 4-6; Griselda Sastrawinata blog, CTNX




Hey kids... I'm re-introducing subject headings to the Blog. "Get Inspired" is a series where I share sites and events I hope you'll find inspiring to visit... These are some of my favorite pictures from last years Portuguese Bend Natl Horse Show 2008:














This 3-day event is a charity horse show... all the proceeds benefit Children's Hosptial Los Angeles. The location is Ernie Howlett Park, on Crenshaw Blvd in PV. If you want to get up close to horses and sketch in a shady, sea-breeze environment... with lots of fun, food, and clean restrooms nearby this is the place to be Sept 4-6th 2009 There is a nominal admission fee. Parking is free. You can see even more pics at my post for the event last year. Website for this year's 2009 show is:


Not yet on our website, but coming soon, is a collection of charming, inspiring prints by Griselda Sastrawinata. I was lucky to meet Griselda when I tagged along with Stuart, who was invited to the recent DreamCon 2 at Dreamworks Studios. More on that event soon. I was so taken with Griselda's prints that I bought 2... and she graciously allowed me to bring a set to our showroom to sell.



The prints are in our showroom now... but you can see some images and read about their origin on her blog:







If your creative batteries need a recharge... either of these "Get Inspired" options should give you a boost!

We have LOTS of new arrivals coming .... and we are gearing up for the CNTX (Creative Talent Network Expo) animation expo in Nov. Don't know about it yet? You WON'T want to miss this Burbank show where artists, pros and students can mingle and network without the hassle of those larger events...





I have been doing lots of posting and would welcome some comments and feedback. Heellllloooo out there :)

amy

No comments: