Before you donate any art .. make sure you understand the VALUE in your kindness. We all need deposits in the karma bank.... but cash flow helps with that process too.
This link is from the website "Maria Brophy -- Art Business Consultant."
Here's a photo of Maria from the website..
If anyone has dealt with her directly and has some feedback, please note in the comments to this post.
I love the idea that there are places like this on the web for artists to learn inter-personal business skills. The scripts Maria proposes help empower artists.. and just as importantly.. help EDUCATE future clients.
Artists -- your time and talent is your livelihood. Respect it and protect it.
Maria's post from June 14, 2015 is titled:
How to Turn a Charity Request for Free Art into a PAID SALERead the full post here:
Here's an excerpt from Maria's post...
GIVING IS GOOD; DO IT MINDFULLY
- Why giving Money is better than giving Art
- How the promise of “Promoting your Art” is bogus
- WHY a charity will PAY you even if they want it for free
- How to get paid for Art for a charity Auction or Illustration/Design
- SCRIPTS – 2 examples of my personal scripts for handling charity requests