Sunday, September 6, 2009

2009 Portuguese Bend Natl Horse Show


Can a Palomino horse laugh??? Keep scrolling down to find out....
This post has my favorite shots from this year's Portuguese Bend National Horse Show. I took these on Sunday, during the grand finale event... the $10,000 Seahorse Jumper Classic. In all the years I've been attending this show... I've never been to the Sunday events before. It was a BLAST! The day was pure bliss... perfect weather... I sat under the trees and enjoyed the sea breeze and show jumping. I know it looks like I'm in the ring for this shots, but I'm not... just at ringside. If you want to know what it feels like to have 1,200 pounds of pure power hurtle its heart over a 6-foot obstacle and blow by you... this is the place to be! Hopefully these pics will inspire you to visit the show and bring your sketchbook! Just look at what's here...

The entire horse show is a charity event that raises money for Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and has been held for over 50 years. All the funds collected at the booths and games go to a great cause.

I've spread the pics out over several posts... so scroll down and enjoy :) Click on any image to enlarge it.

This is my favorite "Pegasus" shot..

And here's a great landing..


Take a look at the air between the horse and the jump.....



You can get this close to the action:


This grey below was one of the prettiest horses I saw at the show... more pics of him in the posts that follow this one ...



No comments: