Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Horse Show 2011 - flying high (action shots from 2009 show)

At the 2009 show, I caught some of my favorite images of horses in action .... here are my top 7; you can find these and more pics from this show on the Sept 2009 posts...

I call this one my "Black Stallion" shot as it reminds me of that island sequence from my favorite horse movie ever....
This shot is typical of the "air time" the horses get during rounds for the title event...

Here's a picture of "Clever"... the horse that won the Classic in 2009...
A shot with the fences that ID this show...
I call this shot "Pegasus"....
Here you can see the spectator stands in the foreground.. and just how close you can get to the action!
It takes guts, skill, and a strong back to ride at this level... both for the horse and the rider. Here's hoping all your landings are solid :)

No comments: